WordPress has some new to me widgets!
At the top is a link to my favorite charity- ADRA.
In the middle a new link to my flicker photos.
Just finished weaving some yardage for Judy Anderson using her handspun wool singles. This is my first attempt at overshot weaving and I loved seeing how the “blooming leaf” came out as I treadled the pattern. Thanks Judy for getting me to try this!
The pattern is on page 184 in A Handweaver’s Pattern Book by Marguerite Davison. She sourced it as based on an old coverlet from Kirby Knob, KY. I used 5/2 pearl cotton (colors #32 Lipstick and black) with at sett of 15epi. for the warp. The weft was Judy’s handspun wool singles. I only used part of the pattern. I put the blooming leaf in the center and mirrored the rest of the design on both sides of a 28 inch width in the reed. The reds do not show true in the pictures but the rich red is beautiful against the black and grey. Hurrah! I haven’t surrendered yet and I hope to sew up the project soon!
The Susquehanna Valley Spinners and Weavers Guild sponsored a weaver’s workshop in September with Pam Pawl and we had a ball! We learned about color theory and terminology and our projects had to demonstrate our assigned color, texture and stripe pattern. My words were triad, bumpy and striated.
Here’s my project on the loom before weaving.